How Clean are Your Air Ducts?
Your air ducts, you don’t see them, so they must be just fine. But they do see a lot of traffic, but do they need cleaned?
Your air ducts do need cleaned if you have these issues;
- Permanent or long-term water damage.
- Mold, mildew, or other microbial growth.
- Debris buildup that restricts air-flow.
- Dust, cobwebs, or other debris visibly blowing from duct work/registers.
- Evidence of insect or rodent infestation.
- Offensive odors from your duct work.
- Frequent bouts of illness or allergies among your family. A S. Eugene/Florence technician will inspect each air duct, opening all access panels. We will clean supply ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers. In all cases of duct cleaning, it is also necessary to address the source of the dirty air duct to prevent recurrence, including moisture, water, dust, debris, pest contamination, and other pollutants.
- Want to reduce the need for duct cleaning?
- During normal operation, dust can accumulate in duct work that can lead to microbial growth. Duct cleaning will reduce this growth, as well as increase the efficiency of your system.
- Regularly change your air filter.
- Regularly schedule annual professional maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- Ensure air intakes are properly located.
- Have your duct work regularly inspected.