Washing Machine Washout in Eugene?
Washing Machine Maintenance Tips for Eugene.
Did you know that supply line failure is one of the top causes of water damage involving a washing machine? SERVPRO of South Eugene / Florence has seen the damage a burst supply line can do. Here are some washing machine supply line maintenance tips:
Conduct monthly inspections of the hot and cold washing machine supply lines.
- Look for signs the supply hose may be ready to fail—blisters in the hose, worn tubing, stress cracks, or a loose connection
- Replace the supply hose with a reinforced steel braided hose if it shows any sign of wear
- Tighten the connection if it feels loose. The most common site of failure is near the connection where the hose bends.
- Replace supply hoses every five years, even if there is no obvious deterioration or wear
- Some signs of deterioration may occur from the inside out and may not be visible until it is too late
- When replacing washing machine supply hoses, always choose a reinforced steel braided hose over the traditional un-reinforced rubber hose. These hoses will last longer and are far less likely to result in a catastrophic water loss.
When you have a water damage emergency, SERVPRO of South Eugene / Florence is ready to respond 24-hours a day.